Dr Edmund SongBCom, MBBS, FRACPVisiting Physician
Dr Edmund Song is an Acute and General Physician. He graduated from the University of Melbourne in 2011 and undertook training at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Ballarat Base Hospital and the Austin Hospital before attaining his Fellowship with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians in 2021. He has had a broad scope of training with sub-specialty rotations in cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, respiratory medicine and perioperative medicine.
His special interests include:
- Acute undifferentiated medical presentations
- Difficult to control hypertension
- Autonomic neuropathy with orthostatic hypotension for example in patients with Diabetes or Parkinson disease
- Orthostatic intolerance: i.e. Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), Orthostatic intolerance associated with increased elasticity i.e. Ehler’s Danlos syndrome, post viral orthostatic intolerance
- Perioperative medicine with pre-operative assessment and post-operative shared care with the patient’s surgeon
Edmund is passionate about providing holistic, patient-centred care, ensuring patients feel empowered through their healthcare journey.
He is also committed to regional and rural medicine, and is excited to provide care for patients in Ballarat and the Central Highland region. He understands the difficulty of accessing care particularly for patients in rural areas and is also available for Telehealth consultations.
He has admitting rights to St John of God Ballarat, Warringal Private Hospital and Epworth Eastern Hospital.